PeteW
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Bose lifestyle 30 Series II – can I wire up 2 speakers to each of the front left & front right of th

Bose lifestyle 30 Series II – can I wire up 2 speakers to each of the front left & front right of the acoustimass outputs?

I have recently installed my lifestyle 30 in our motorhome – it is running successfully as it should in surround sound mode.

I will only use the system for playing stereo music, & would prefer to have the 2 rear speakers playing the same sound as the 2 front ones.

Can I run the 2 rear ones by wiring them (either in Parallel or in series) with the front speakers?

Thanks, Pete

1 REPLY 1
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose lifestyle 30 Series II – can I wire up 2 speakers to each of the front left & front righ...

Hi PeteW,

Thank you for your inquiry. We don't recommend attempting to daisy chain speakers by connecting them in series or parallel off of individual speaker outputs. However, I do understand what you are attempting to accomplish. I'd recommend trying out your system's "Mono Decoding" feature. This will allow the same audio to be heard through all speakers. This will eliminate the stereo left-right separation, which may not be what you were hoping for, but this setting will at least get the same audio to play throughout your system's speakers. 

To turn on Mono Decoding:

• Press and hold the "Surround" button on the Lifestyle System remote until one chime is heard. To turn Mono Decoding off, press and hold the "Surround" button until two chimes are heard.

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support