stick12
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Bose lifestyle 600

Hi Need Help

My system is working just fine when connected to cable (comcast).  I can see and hear sound perfectly.  However, I recently purchased a new Samsung Q6 TV and when I connect to Netflix or YouTube I have no sound going through my life Lifestyle 600 system.  Has anyone had a similar issue?  

Thanks Mark-   

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose lifestyle 600

You are probably trying to listen to a non-supported format.  Try setting your devices up for Dolby Digital 5.1, not higher.

JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

The sound from your Comcast box is going directly to the lifestyle 600 console via HDMI with the video.  To get the sound back from the TV and its apps to the console you'll need to enable ARC and ensure that the HDMI cable from the console to the TV is connected to the ARC enabled HDMI input on your TV (usually HDMI 3 on Samsung).  ARC requires HDMI CEC to be switched on in the TV menu as well (may be called Anynet). This can introduce problems of its own with unintended switching etc.  To avoid all that just put an optical cable between the TV and the console and set the TV's sound output to optical in the speaker settings menu.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would not use optical unless you just have to.