Bose music app cant find sound bar 700

Mpn
Wistful Whisperer

Bose music app cant find sound bar 700

Initially was able to set this bar and rear speakers but the app now is not finding them and can’t connect no matter what. Double checked and followed the instructions step by step and still no luck with the stupid app.

*Mod Edit: Violation of Community Guidelines 1*

8 REPLIES 8
Noisy Narrator

Re: Bose music app cant find sound bar 700

Please don't call them idiots.  They are Bose employees trying to help.

Mpn
Wistful Whisperer

*Mod Edit: Violation of Community Guidelines* they just repeat the transcript they are given and do not offer solutions. You can be polite to them and see how far that gets you in solving your issue with the devices.

Noisy Narrator

@Mpn wrote:
Initially was able to set this bar and rear speakers but the app now is not finding them and can’t connect no matter what. Double checked and followed the instructions step by step and still no luck with the stupid app.

Have you tried:

Rebooting the speaker by unplugging and replugging after a couple min?

Taking the speaker off line (2 vol + setup) and following the add speaker procedure?

Removing the speaker from the app and adding as a new speaker?

Logging out of the SoundTouch account and then logging back in?

Uninstall the app and reinstall the app?

Mpn
Wistful Whisperer

The point is why this has to be done every time the device is turned on?

But to answer you yes I have done that and occasionally it does work but my question was why does it not find or recognize the bar which only works in the Bose music app not the sound touch app which is not compatible with 700 bar.
Noisy Narrator

@Mpn wrote:
The point is why this has to be done every time the device is turned on?

But to answer you yes I have done that and occasionally it does work but my question was why does it not find or recognize the bar which only works in the Bose music app not the sound touch app which is not compatible with 700 bar.

I see: I didn’t realize, from your posts, that you were trying to run your 700 soundbar using the SoundTouch app. If I have this wrong, could you detail exactly and in what manner the speaker/app isn’t working.

Often the problem doesn’t isn’t with the Bose product but rather the home network, interference, ISP provider. There are lots of variables. 

Noisy Narrator

The Bose 700 uses a different app altogether.

Mpn
Wistful Whisperer

The app name is in post heading.

Hi @Mpn,

Sorry, you're having trouble. May we ask for an update with your issue? What error message are you seeing, if any when trying to reconnect the Bose Music app? If you do get it to connect, can you also check the signal strength? My Bose icon>settings>technical info. 

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support