Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Bose solo 5 program aux channel

I recently bought a google chromecast audio and connect it to my solo 5 through aux input. I originally have my solo 5 connected to my TV through optical cable. When I turn on my TV, the aux input from my chromecast audio is gone and they don't come back unless I turn off my TV. I tried to change to "aux" channel on my remote control but the solo 5 doesn't respond. Is there a way I can program my aux input as the "aux" channel?  I unpluged my optical cable and the sound from the aux input comes out under the "TV" channel

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose solo 5 program aux channel

Hello huskyG,

Thank you for your post. The Solo 5 TV Sound System has multiple audio inputs, however, these aren't intended to be used as sources that can be switched with the remote control. The "Aux" input is available for TVs that may not have a digital optical or digital coaxial audio output. The soundbar prioritizes these inputs. It will always play audio from the digital optical input first, and will not read signals from the other inputs if there is an active signal from the optical input. Your TV will need to be turned off in order to use anything connected to the AUX input. Additionally, the sources listed on the remote control, are there so that you can toggle control over different devices (which are typically connected to your TV, not the Solo 5 soundbar). These buttons will not instruct the Solo 5 to do any internal switching of its own inputs. 

I hope this helps to clarify! Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian