rgc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Bose soundbar 700 setting up in an upward angle makes it better

Hi,

Does anyone tried this? setting up in an angle to get a better audio performance.

8 REPLIES 8
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose soundbar 700 setting up in an upward angle makes it better

Why would aiming the sound of your TV over your head result in a better sound?  I don't think so.  I want the center channel aimed directly at my ears and the left and right channels bouncing off the walls back to my ears.

rgc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

My Soundbar sits in a cabinet that is less hight than ear level and I feel my audio comes from down than at ear level

@Xyz987 wrote:

Why would aiming the sound of your TV over your head result in a better sound?  I don't think so.  I want the center channel aimed directly at my ears and the left and right channels bouncing off the walls back to my ears.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

First, you need to take the soundbar out of a cabinet.  It won't work properly in a cabinet.  Next, aim it at ear level.

rgc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Sorry my bad not inside cabinet it is on top of cabinet

@Xyz987 wrote:

First, you need to take the soundbar out of a cabinet.  It won't work properly in a cabinet.  Next, aim it at ear level.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It might sound better aimed at your ears, not your knees.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@rgc wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone tried this? setting up in an angle to get a better audio performance.

I would be concerned about stability and the effect on the sound ports on the back of the sound bar and phase guides(side and rear projection). I would recommend a new cabinet, one that would raise the sound bar to a better listening height. Especially if you can hear the sound is coming from a lower point now.

rgc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

I feel my phase guides are projecting of the ceiling than walls on the sides. Will think about getting a heigher stand

@rickatk wrote:

@rgc wrote:

Hi,

I would be concerned about stability and the effect on the sound ports on the back of the sound bar and phase guides(side and rear projection). I would recommend a new cabinet, one that would raise the sound bar to a better listening height. Especially if you can hear the sound is coming from a lower point now.

Hi All!

Thank you for taking the time to post to the community!

I would add that if you feel you are experiencing poor audio quality, or you wish to optimise your audio experience, I would recommend running AdaptiQ again as it will calabrate the audio from the SoundBar to your listening space!

I hope this proves helpful! Have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support