Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gogo61
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

CINEMATE HOME THEATER SYSTEM - UNIVERSAL REMOTE

I recently purchased a CINEMATE HOME THEATER SYSTEM - UNIVERSAL REMOTE to replace my original remote. The remote will not control my CineMate Series 2 IA. I have only been able to connect to my LG TV. My original remote connected to all of my components no problem. The remote looks identical to the original remote. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: CINEMATE HOME THEATER SYSTEM - UNIVERSAL REMOTE

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I don't know if this will be the case, but there were 2 remotes that were almost identical, but they were not interchangeable.

If I recall correctly there were two differences, the colour of the remote (one was a dark grey, one was a black), in certain lights they could look the same.  And the newer remote had a SoundTouch button near the top (it may have been a BT button on the older, but I'm not sure).

Where did you purchase from?  The good news is that if you purchased from Bose direct and they sent you the wrong one, they will most likely sort it out for you.  If you purchased it elsewhere, it depends on the reseller.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I don't know if this will be the case, but there were 2 remotes that were almost identical, but they were not interchangeable.

If I recall correctly there were two differences, the colour of the remote (one was a dark grey, one was a black), in certain lights they could look the same.  And the newer remote had a SoundTouch button near the top (it may have been a BT button on the older, but I'm not sure).

Where did you purchase from?  The good news is that if you purchased from Bose direct and they sent you the wrong one, they will most likely sort it out for you.  If you purchased it elsewhere, it depends on the reseller.

View solution in original post

Gogo61
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Thank you for answering my question correctly. There is a slight difference in color. I would've never noticed it.