WOLFKWC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

COMPANION 5 SPEAKER CABLES

My companion 5 is wonderful, however, I would like to expand the distance to cover corner to corner in my study.  Does Bose make an 4 prong extension cable 8' long. I do not want to cut the speaker wire to try extending with ordinary speaker wire.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: COMPANION 5 SPEAKER CABLES

Because this system is designed for near-field listening at a desk, we do not make any type of extension cables for the speaker wires. Always let us know if you have other questions in the future and we'll be glad to help. 

Highlighted
D_villanueva13
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

I have a similar question, but instead of extensions, how am I to purchase a replacement cable and have it repaired? Animal chewed through left speaker cord.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi D_villanueva13,

In order to purchase a replacement cable and inquire about service I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Snareman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

The problem with the cord length isn't that I want to put the speakers far apart, but getting the cords to reach around holes in the desk to get the sub down under the desk.  The wires are too short for those type of situations.  Longer wires would be REALLY helpful.  Or just making them regular speaker cables so that you could place them as you like. 

Highlighted
WOLFKWC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

I totally agree.  However, it seems that Bose, in an effort to set itself aside from the norm, has decided to go with their own style of speaker wire.  That to me does not seem fair, especially when the length of cable is limited.  There are many who would like very much to set their satellite speakers further apart, enough to get a good separation of sound.  So why does Bose not answer these questions?  Why not respond, even with a denial would be something.  Not what I want to hear but at least acknowledge the fact that someone has asked a question!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Snareman and WOLFKWC, 

Our apologies that the cable length for the speakers is too short for your applications. Longer cables or at least non-proprietary connections would indeed be great because they would provide additional flexibility for situations like this. Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this on to the product team. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Snareman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

It seems like this problem would have come up in beta testing of the speakers/wires.  I'll assume/hope that maybe a version with different wires will come out in a year or with some new versions of these speakers which does zero to help my current problem.  Do you have any solutions us customers with the problems now?

Highlighted
Stephane230896
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

My dog chewed my right speaker connection. Please tell me this can be repaired as the speakers are working perfectly?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Stephane230896,

I'm sorry to hear this. We'd recommend reaching out to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can better determine available parts and/or service options available in your region. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us.

Best regards,

Brian