Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike.shirley.nz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Cable compatibility - Lifestyle 28 & Lifestyle 535

Hi there.

We currently have an aging Lifestyle 28 system with speaker cables running through the walls. Wondering (hoping?!) if those existing cables would be compatible with the Lifestyle 535 model?

Many thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Cable compatibility - Lifestyle 28 & Lifestyle 535

Author Accepted Answer selected by mike.shirley.nz

@mike.shirley.nz wrote:

Hi there.

We currently have an aging Lifestyle 28 system with speaker cables running through the walls. Wondering (hoping?!) if those existing cables would be compatible with the Lifestyle 535 model?

Many thanks,

Mike

It depends on your subwoofer. If you have one of the series III subwoofers then yes. I talk and show what it looks like here and I talk more about what your options are.

Just know that with your 28 speakers. You will basically have a 525 as you have a system with double cubes, not the jewel cubes.

Let us know what you end up doing. Hope that helps solve your problem 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by mike.shirley.nz

@mike.shirley.nz wrote:

Hi there.

Many thanks,

Mike

It depends on your subwoofer. If you have one of the series III subwoofers then yes. I talk and show what it looks like here and I talk more about what your options are.

Just know that with your 28 speakers. You will basically have a 525 as you have a system with double cubes, not the jewel cubes.

Let us know what you end up doing. Hope that helps solve your problem 🙂

View solution in original post

mike.shirley.nz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Thank you, that's super helpful - looks the the subwoofer is a match 🙂

So... follow-up question - if I go ahead, will I have to swap out the speakers, or will the 525 receiver unit play nice with the existing 28 speakers? Dream scenario is just swapping out the receiver, but I'm sure there is a bit more to it than that.

Mike

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@mike.shirley.nz wrote:

Thank you, that's super helpful - looks the the subwoofer is a match 🙂

So... follow-up question - if I go ahead, will I have to swap out the speakers, or will the 525 receiver unit play nice with the existing 28 speakers? Dream scenario is just swapping out the receiver, but I'm sure there is a bit more to it than that.

Mike

No, you don't have to. The AV35 receiver was used with multiple systems that had different speakers, even a soundbar. You can use the same speakers or change them with any of the speakers that Bose sold with your series III subwoofer, but no others.

Remember you need to swap out 3 things:

1. the AV35 receiver
    1. there are two versions of the AV35:
      1. Older BoseLink multi-room
      2. Later WiFi/SoundTouch multi-room (but you need the external adapter)
  2. the AV35 RF remote
  3. the AV35 power brick

You can reuse your existing subwoofer, the cable that connects the receiver to the subwoofer, and the speakers you have. If you didn't have the same sub, you would not be able to upgrade to the AV35 receiver without also purchasing a series III sub.

As an admin pointed out I would re-do the AdaptIQ afterwards. You should also do an update on the system after everything's plugged in so that the subwoofer can also be updated.

Hope that helps 🙂