Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Can I add additional bluetooth speakers to a Lifestyle 600?

I would like to add additional bluetooth speakers to my Lifestyle 600 5.1 system and use them for music while simultaneously using the hardwired original speakers for TV. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Can I add additional bluetooth speakers to a Lifestyle 600?

Hi rhstoo,

Welcome to the community! Thank you for reaching out to us all.

With your Lifestyle 600, you have the ability to use our Soundtouch feature. Soundtouch allows you to play music across all of your speakers simultaneously. If you have purchased another one of our speakers with the term Soundtouch in the name, for example, Soundtouch 30. You can use both these together to play music across your Wi-Fi network.

If I have misunderstood your question I do apologise. If you have any further questions I will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Thanks. Your answer doesn't quite get to my most serious issue. I want to use the Lifestyle 600 speakers for Television in the great room. At the same time, I want to play music or Television audio in other rooms. I can always add standalone bluetooth speakers and source them with a computer or iPhone but I would rather have a more fully integrated system and be able to do zone control with the Bose remote. Does my question even make sense?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I see! I don't think it would be possible to control the music from the Lifestyle 600 remote as it only operates the Lifestyle system, and its connected devices.

I do still think that you may still benefit from Soundtouch. With our application you can choose which speakers you want to play from. You can also group speakers together, so you can create groups within the application. However this is only available with our Soundtouch speakers.

Our application can be run from Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac.

Am I any closer to finding you a resolution for your scenario? It definitely does make sense. I just don't believe its possible without making some compromises here and there.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C