cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhouse
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Can I connect my Bose 35 wireless headphones to my home theater using the soundtouch wireless link?

I want to connect my receiver for my home stereo to my Bose 35 wireless headphones.  Do I use the soundtouch wireless link to do it?  if so, how?  If not, how can I connect it so I can listen wirelessly to my TV without disturbing anyone?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Can I connect my Bose 35 wireless headphones to my home theater using the soundtouch wireless li

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian_M

No you can't.  The Soundtouch Wireless Link Adaptor can output to other Soundtouch devices (from streaming music now, and hopefully soon to output from aux in), however that is over Wifi.   The BT receiver is only an input so will not connect to your headphones.

I assume the thinking is that if I'm going to stream music to the SoundTouch and then stream to headphones I may as well stream direct from the source to the headphones.

Any alternative would depend upon what home stereo/theatre you have.  If it has aux/headphone output you could get a cheap BT transmitter off ebay.  Or your TV may have a headphone out (some newer ones have dropped it altogether).  Lastly you may be able to use appleTV/PS4 etc if you're watching through netflix (or other streaming sources) to connect via BT.

The drawback when watching TV is that most BT transmitters cause an audio delay.  If you're watching news/sports that may be small enough a delay to enjoy.  If you're playing games/movies I don't think BT is the right technology.  I'd suggest purchasing an extension cable.  I know that defeats the purpose of wireless, but it if improves performance I'd do that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Can I connect my Bose 35 wireless headphones to my home theater using the soundtouch wireless li

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian_M

No you can't.  The Soundtouch Wireless Link Adaptor can output to other Soundtouch devices (from streaming music now, and hopefully soon to output from aux in), however that is over Wifi.   The BT receiver is only an input so will not connect to your headphones.

I assume the thinking is that if I'm going to stream music to the SoundTouch and then stream to headphones I may as well stream direct from the source to the headphones.

Any alternative would depend upon what home stereo/theatre you have.  If it has aux/headphone output you could get a cheap BT transmitter off ebay.  Or your TV may have a headphone out (some newer ones have dropped it altogether).  Lastly you may be able to use appleTV/PS4 etc if you're watching through netflix (or other streaming sources) to connect via BT.

The drawback when watching TV is that most BT transmitters cause an audio delay.  If you're watching news/sports that may be small enough a delay to enjoy.  If you're playing games/movies I don't think BT is the right technology.  I'd suggest purchasing an extension cable.  I know that defeats the purpose of wireless, but it if improves performance I'd do that.

View solution in original post

jhouse
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Thanks so much. Saves me some time and money. Hadn't thought of the delay issue.