fjf4
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Can I replace Lifestyle 28 with a used Lifestyle 48

My current Lifestyle 28 is malfunctioning but I would like to continue to use the speakers and acoustimass so I would like to know whether a used Lifestyle 48 would be compatible and let me use my existing speakers and acoustimass.
3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can I replace Lifestyle 28 with a used Lifestyle 48

Hi fjf4,

Thanks for the question.  I'm going to move this to the Home Theater forum so it will get the proper attention it needs.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi fjf4,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your Lifestyle 28's Media Center is likely either a model AV18 or AV28 (depending on which series you own). If you could provide the serial number located on the bottom of the Media Center, we can determine this for you. The Lifestyle 48 systems use the AV48 Media Center. Since you may run into compatibility issues with your existing remote and speakers, we don't recommend using this Media Center with your current system. 

We may also have service options available for your Lifestyle 28. I would recommend contacting your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone to determine any available options. Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'.

Best regards,

Brian

fjf4
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Hi Brian - My Lifestyle 28 is an AV28E (SN#029716941130284AE) and I'm now looking to replace it with a used AV38 because my remote control is broken and a port in the back is loose and causing sound issues. When I called Bose customer support they said Bose no longer has parts to service the AV28 and they just suggested an entirely new system, which is cost prohibitive. Do you think I will have issues replacing my AV28 with an AV38? If so, are there adapters available to fix the compatibility issue?