Highlighted
Hiren_Nag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Can't I connect acoustimass 6 to a 5.1 DVD player

I have many questions to ask but unfortunately, I couldn't able to get the reply from customer support.
Coming to my questions. I am planning to buy Acoustimass 6 version ( in India it's available).

1. What are the pre-hardware requirements I need to have it as mandatory?
2. I have a LG DVD with 5.1 support (Has Analog output sockets for Front Left, front right, center, sub-woofer, rear right rear left). Will this be sufficient to connect acoustimass to my DVD player.
3. How about smart TV ? I have Sony Smart TV which has only HDMI?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: Can't I connect acoustimass 6 to a 5.1 DVD player

Hi Hiren_Nag, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your interest in the Acoustimass 6 System. 

Our most recent iteration of this system is the Acoustimass 6 V, which features a powered acoustimass module to power the five Virtually Invisible Series II Surround Speakers. The Acoustimass 6 can only take bare-wire inputs from a receiver or source, meaning that your DVD player and Sony Smart TV will likely need to first output to a receiver first, and then bare-wire output audio to the Acoustimass system for playback.

You can find the current Owner's Manual for the Acoustimass 6 V by clicking HERE for further product information, including the setup process.

I hope this is helpful, and please reach out again if there is anything else that we can help with!

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

Hiren_Nag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Thank you Andy! There are lot of receivers out there in the market and I am kinda confused as to which brand/specification I need to go for. Do you know which reciever or the specification of receiver will work for acoustimass 6?
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Community Manager

Thanks for posting back Hiren_Nag!

That is correct, there are a multitude of available third-part receivers on the market. The full technical specifications can be found within the Owner's Manual for the Acoustimass 6 V, but a notable point for compatibility is that the system is compatible with A/V receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to150 watts per channel, rated from 4 to 8 ohms. 

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

Hiren_Nag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Got the specification details. But as a reference may I know which brand will be compatible ( I know you have sent the specification but still just wanted to be on safe side)?
Thanks again!
Hiren Nag.
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I doubt anyone from Bose is going to recommend a specific brand receiver.  Just get the one you like that falls within the required specifications.  A lot will depend on your budget and desire to "future proof" your purchase for when and if you ever decide to use a speaker system other than Bose.  Or, if you ever want Atmos speakers, etc.

Hi All! 

Thanks for posting! 

We will not be able to recommend a brand as they are not manufacture by Bose. As long the specifications are the same you should be fine. 

Have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support 

Hiren_Nag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Thank you! That helps.