n90no1
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Cannot Start Lifestyle 600 after service

I sent my Lifestyle 600 base unit in as it was having some troubles at the suggestion of Bose. I paid over $150 plus shipping to get it there, problem fixed and sent back. A letter came withe the unit saying it had been updated to the "latest hardware/software" and if there was an issue to contact them at 800-379-2073.

I put the unit back together plugging in speakers and connecting Apple TV and Cable and Blue-Ray players previously connected to the unit and then plugged the unit in. It sat for over an hour with a blinking orange light (supposedly updating). When I looked on-line it said to unplug the unit for 30 seconds (I did 60) and then plug it back in. It came up with a BOSE screen and then it showed a picture of the remote and said to press the OK button. I did that. Nothing happened. I then went and replace the batteries and then re-checked that they were correctly entered and tried once again. NOTHING!

So... I unplugged it once again and tried it all over again and nothing. So, then I got the blinking orange light and I let it blink for over 3 hours. I saw that Bose was closed on Saturday and Sunday. So I try it again today and get the same thing and finally figure... let me call them, as directed. You guessed it... they are closed until whenever.

So... here I sit with a 2 year old $3,000 system, having just spent over $150 to get it repaired, and they cannot help. What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: Cannot Start Lifestyle 600 after service

If you can get back to the point where the unit is switched on and asking you to press the ok button on the remote (which didn't work) - try pressing and holding the ok button and the illumination button on the back of the remote together for a few seconds and this should pair your existing remote with the console which they've reset before returning it to you.  Worth a try....

Tegan_M

Hello n90no1, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am so sorry to hear that you are unable to restart your Lifestyle 600 system. 

Just so I provide you with the most accurate information, was it just the Bass Module you sent into us? or the whole system?

If this was just the Bass Module, the amber LED would indicate this item is ready to be paired. 

Do let us know so we can get this resolved for you!😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
n90no1
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

No this was the main console. I had been having problems and called Bose on 2 separate occasions and they suggested I send the console in. I paid for the service and the packing and shipping.

Most times when I plug the console into power it just sits there with the blinking orange light. I have then unplugged it and plugged it back in or pressed the start button on the console itself and then the screen comes up saying press the "OK" button on your remote. I have done that and nothing. So I replaced the batteries with fresh batteries and nothing... I just get a spinning "wheel" in the box on the remote.

Charlotte_G

They're some great steps to take. I'd also recommend that you reboot your router whilst also resetting your system. If this doesn't help, could you please confirm which country you are located in?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Read the post from JB1970 below.

n90no1
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Okay... USA (Arizona in case that is the next question). My router has been re-booted. Everything was working well before and still working well now!

n90no1
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

As surprised as I am... that did the trick and I got it to go through the new start-up procedures. It connected everything except my cable TV box.

Thank you very much for the assistance!!!

As for the cable box... it connected it but, I cannot use the Bose remote to control it. It is a COX (I think Contour) Xi6-A unit. It is wireless from my router and stores programs in the cloud.

Just said I need to use the remote that came with it.