TerryB
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

Cant dial in XM station

Hello all, I'm hoping another Bose lover out there can help me.

I have 2 Bose -  AWRC-1G   and AWRC - 1P.   Neither of these will pick up my XM signal, no matter where the units are placed in the house. At first I thought it was because they're digital dialing; an old crappy radio with manual dialing was able to get the XM signal.  Yet neither of my Bose will, even when I figured out how to dial it manually. 

For Washington  DC, the XM signals are 90.5 (supposed to be the strongest), 101.7 and 103.1.  None of these picks up the XM signal.  I have talked with XM in depth, they've re-sent the signals, with no success.  They say the solution must be with Bose.

Can someone please help?  I don't have tv - XM radio is my link to everything.  

Thank you,

TerryB

3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cant dial in XM station

Hi TerryB,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

I'm a bit unsure of what is going on.  Do you have a device provided by XM that sends music to a specific radio channel (either 90.5, 101.7 etc) so your normal radio can listen to it?  Is there any sort of model number on the XM device that tells us exactly what it is?

Best,

Brandon

TerryB
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

Brandon,

Thank you for your email, following up on my request for assistance.

I've actually been able to solve the problem, which had to do with reception and the auxilliary 

input.

Happily back hearing XM.  Thanks so much!

Teresa Bailey

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Great!  I'm glad to hear that everything is now working for you 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any more questions.

Best,

Brandon