Highlighted
SubLogical
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

CineMate 130 system with Sony Bravia TV will not capture USB initiated sound

If I insert a movie on a USB flash drive into the Sony Bravia USB insert the TV will replay the sound but my CineMate 130 will not.  It seems restricted to HDMI only.

Is this a fact or am I not doing something to have the USB originated sound working through the CineMate?

SubLogical

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: CineMate 130 system with Sony Bravia TV will not capture USB initiated sound

Hi SubLogical,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community forums.

To confirm, you have a USB drive inserted to your Sony TV and can initiate playback, but audio does not play through your connected CineMate 130 system?

Do you have any other sources connected directly to your TV as inputs? If not and all sources are currently connected to your CineMate 130, you may need to adjust the audio output for the TV to send audio via HDMI to an external speaker. To enable this audio to relay back to the CineMate, the HDMI (ARC) port on your TV must be used to connect the Sony TV to the CineMate 130 system.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

SubLogical
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: CineMate 130 system with Sony Bravia TV will not capture USB initiated sound

Many thanks for the response Andy,

Any sound from the DVD player or the external internet feed works fine and the Sony TV will play the USB sound but it's very poor quality versus the CineMate.

BTW the CineMate was purchased in Feb 2015 and I'm guessing that it's starting to get behind "the times" technically.

Your suggestion regarding the HDMI (ARC) port is encouraging if I can figure out how to achieve that ... off the top is it discussed in the Bose manual?

Would it require a special category of connection wiring?

Appreciate your help,

Regards,

Ken

Hi Ken, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

To connect using HDMI ARC you just need to connect the HDMI Cable from the Cinemate System into the back of the TV to the HDMI port labelled as ARC.

I hope this helps!

Jessie - Community Support