Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudy 2005
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

CineMate GS Series2 with 3-2-1 GSX Speakers

I currently have the Bose 3-2-1 GSX DVD Home Entertainment System.  Are the twin speakers and speaker cable from this system compatible with the CineMate Series II subwoofer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: CineMate GS Series2 with 3-2-1 GSX Speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

No worries Rudy 2005!

The Cinemate GS II system is the one that uses the same speakers as your 321 GSX system. Both the Cinemate GS II and the 321 GSX use the Gemstone array speakers, the Cinemate II us the one with the different model of speaker.

We tend not to recommend mixing and matching parts from different systems, but as the GS II and your 321 GSX use the exact same model you shouldn't have any issue if you were to connect your current speakers to a GS II bass module.

To be able to connect the GS II bass module to your TV you would also need an interface module for the system, as this is what handles the connection to your TV, you wouldn't be able to plug the TV directly into the bass module.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Hi @Rudy 2005, welcome to the Bose Community!

The Gemstone speakers will not be compatible with the CineMate II bass module. To better understand what you are trying to achieve, could you let me know the reason that you want to connect these particular components?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Rudy 2005
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Thanks for the quick response.  The speakers for my Bose 3-2-1 GSX DVD Home Entertainment System are wall mounted with the cables behind a wall.  I have a new Samsung QLED TV with an optical audio output line running to the Bose system.  I no longer use the DVD but still need to power up the media center just to hear the TV.  What I am attempting to do is retain the speakers (and cable) in the wall and replace the 3-2-1 subwoofer with either a CineMate Series II or CineMate GS Series II sub and bypass the media center altogether.  I just saw in another post from last October that the Cinemate II has 321 array speakers while the Cinemate GS II has Gemstone array speakers.  So I guess my question is now:  are the 321 array speakers that come with Cinemate Series II the same as my existing 3-2-1 GSX speakers?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

No worries Rudy 2005!

The Cinemate GS II system is the one that uses the same speakers as your 321 GSX system. Both the Cinemate GS II and the 321 GSX use the Gemstone array speakers, the Cinemate II us the one with the different model of speaker.

We tend not to recommend mixing and matching parts from different systems, but as the GS II and your 321 GSX use the exact same model you shouldn't have any issue if you were to connect your current speakers to a GS II bass module.

To be able to connect the GS II bass module to your TV you would also need an interface module for the system, as this is what handles the connection to your TV, you wouldn't be able to plug the TV directly into the bass module.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Rudy 2005
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Thanks so much for the confirmation and all your help.  I really appreciate it!!