ebcruz76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

CineMate Series II Loud Popping Noise

My TV speakers have started to make a loud popping noise while watching TV. The loud popping noise appears to happen while TV comercials are running, I think it happens when cable TV commercial are replaced by local TV commercials, like some cable companies do. I understand the audio quality of these commercials can be different from audio quality of cable TV commercials. Anyway, this issue is very annoying and has happened since 2 months ago more or less. I have had my system for several years now, with the same TV and the same cable TV operator, and never happened before. 

I have tried the following action to minimize the issue with no success: 

- Replaced fiber optic cable connected from system to TV (digital Audio output)

- Disconnected and connected back all the cables going to the subwoofer unit

Any other suggestion? I have also noticed that the quality of the sound has diminished some, I don't know if it has something to do with the ocurrence of the loud popping noises.

My TV is set to Dolby Digital, my other option available is PCM.

Thanks,

Eduardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CineMate Series II Loud Popping Noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by ebcruz76

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for posting your question!  This is a tricky one, as popping audio is usually caused by a faulty optical cable.  

If you haven't tried switching the TV audio to PCM, I would try that first.  It may resolve the issue, and shouldn't degrade audio quality.

You have the optical cable running from the TV to the Cinemate, correct?  If possible, can we try removing the optical cable from the TV and plugging it directly into the cable box to see if the issue still happens?  Lets also try to plug it into a DVD/Bluray player or another device that you have with an optical connection.

Let me know what happens after testing!

Best Regards,

Brandon

3 REPLIES 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by ebcruz76

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for posting your question!  This is a tricky one, as popping audio is usually caused by a faulty optical cable.  

If you haven't tried switching the TV audio to PCM, I would try that first.  It may resolve the issue, and shouldn't degrade audio quality.

You have the optical cable running from the TV to the Cinemate, correct?  If possible, can we try removing the optical cable from the TV and plugging it directly into the cable box to see if the issue still happens?  Lets also try to plug it into a DVD/Bluray player or another device that you have with an optical connection.

Let me know what happens after testing!

Best Regards,

Brandon

ebcruz76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

Brandon,

I will implement your suggestions this evening. I replaced fiber optic cable yesterday while troubleshooting the issue, but it is still connected directly from the TV. I also reset the subwoofer unit by following the reset instructions on Bose's website. Just as a clarification , my system is the Cinemate GS Series II and not the Cinemate Series II as originally stated. The issue happened again last night while watching TV, a in the transiction between two TV commercials ( Comedy Central is the cable chanel I was watching - Uverse is my cable TV provider). I will connect the fiber optic cable to the cable box tonight and see what happens, but I will try first switching the TV's audio ouput to PCM.

I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Thanks, 

Eduardo 

ebcruz76
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

Brandon,

These are my findings so far:

- After setting my TV to PCM, the popping noise seems to go away, I set it back to Dolby Digiatl last night, and heard the noise during commercial transitions. I'll keep testing it in the following days.

Eduardo