Psimon1210
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2014

Cinemate 120 with FiOS TV 1 and LG 4K TV

As of 10 days ago, my A/V setup was that my cable box, chromecast and DVD were connected via HDMI to my Bose Cinemate 120 and it selected what was playing and that fed the TV on HDMI1

Since then, I have replaced the TV and the cable box. I now have a FiOS TV 1 box and a 4K TV. I plugged the new FiOS box where the old one was, and then fed the TV from the Bose. Would not play. Bose kept flashing LPCM 2.0, but of course there is no discussion of that in the Bose manual .

Pairing the TV with FiOS box directly works just fine.

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Cinemate 120 with FiOS TV 1 and LG 4K TV

@Psimon1210 wrote:

As of 10 days ago, my A/V setup was that my cable box, chromecast and DVD were connected via HDMI to my Bose Cinemate 120 and it selected what was playing and that fed the TV on HDMI1

Since then, I have replaced the TV and the cable box. I now have a FiOS TV 1 box and a 4K TV. I plugged the new FiOS box where the old one was, and then fed the TV from the Bose. Would not play. Bose kept flashing LPCM 2.0, but of course there is no discussion of that in the Bose manual .

Pairing the TV with FiOS box directly works just fine.

Thoughts?

That's most likely because you have a 4K device that uses HDCP 2.2, something that this system cannot decrypt. I made a guide to help you through his, though I would look at "Option 2" as that is a rather simple solution.

I hope that this answer helps solve your problem. Let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

Psimon1210
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2014

Thank you for your help.

So to parrot it back to you, to make sure I have it right, I can leave the DVD, Roku and Chromecast attached to the Bose as it was before (DVD, Game and Aux inputs) , but now take the output of the Bose and send it it HDMI 2 on the TV.

The Fios TV 1 box should go straight to the TV as HDMI 1 and then use the Optical Audio out of the TV and feed that to the Bose and configure the Cable TV audio input as optical in with no HDMI going in.

Does that sound correct and rational?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Psimon1210 wrote:

Thank you for your help.

So to parrot it back to you, to make sure I have it right, I can leave the DVD, Roku and Chromecast attached to the Bose as it was before (DVD, Game and Aux inputs) , but now take the output of the Bose and send it it HDMI 2 on the TV.

The Fios TV 1 box should go straight to the TV as HDMI 1 and then use the Optical Audio out of the TV and feed that to the Bose and configure the Cable TV audio input as optical in with no HDMI going in.

Does that sound correct and rational?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

As long as you assign the audio input, sure. Your TV might even support ARC so an optical return might not be needed, though as always remember that Audio from your TV might only be returned in stereo and not 5.1.

You could also connect the optical out from your cable box directly to the 120, as mentioned in "Option 3", or you could purchase an HDCP converter as mentioned in "Option 2". The great benefit of "Option 2" is it will simplify everything for you.

Good luck 🙂

Psimon1210
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2014

Thanks... I will try your option 3 first. Thanks again. I'll let you know of it works.

I certainly appreciate the help and the quick response.