Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Cinemate 130 'POP' then have to restart??

Hi All,

Cinemate 130 connected to Sharp HDTV, Fios DVR/HD Box, Apple TV, and PS4 through HDMI passthroughs.  Using Logitech Harmony One remote.

When i start an activity (doesn't matter which activity - watch TV, Apple TV, or Play a game), i hear a loud "POP" from the Bose system, then no picture shown on the TV.  It requires a "power cycle" on the bose control unit, and then all devices work as they should.

I have re-ordered the start up of the system in the harmony app, I have unplugged accoustimass and all bose components, I have replaced all cables connecting the Bose reciever, and I have updated firmware - all to no avail.

Anyone have any other suggestions?  Is it a bad Bose control unit?  They already replaced it once within warranty when i purchased originally (would not calibrate correctly).

Any help is appreciated!

John

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Cinemate 130 'POP' then have to restart??

Hello hovaterp23! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble, but am glad to help! Let's try a system reset with the following steps:

1. Turn the system off
  2. Unplug the control center from the power outlet
  3. Unplug the speaker array from the power outlet
  4. Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
  5. Wait 30 seconds
  6. Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
  7. Reconnect the speaker array power cord
  8. Reconnect the control center power cord

If this doesn't resolve it, try unplugging all but one source and see if that changes how it behaves on start up.

Let us know the results!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

I tried these steps, and the problem is still there. Any other suggestions? Is there an opportunity to buy just the control unit? It’s not totally unusable, but the work around doesn’t work with our young children that want to turn on the TV without our help.

Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello John,

Thanks for trying those steps for us.

If you're looking to set up service or purchase new components for your CineMate 130, we'd suggest contacting support over the phone.

For technical support go HERE, choose your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose "Contact Us."

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support