Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Cinemate 130 and Loewe Bild3

I have just replaced a Samsung tv with a Loewe Bild3 and connected it up to my Cinemate 130. On the Samsung there was no ARC on the HDMI so I used an optical cable from the TV to Bose to get sound when just using the TV.

When using the Loewe as the TV I get sound from the Bose no problem. When I try to watch Apple TV or Bluray, the tv is saying it is not receiving a signal from the Bose although I am getting a picture and the sound is coming through the Bose. I presume that because the TV doesn't think it is receiving a signal and because of this the tv switches itself off after a few minutes.

Any idea how to get round this other that direct into the TV as I have too many units compared to the number of HDMI sockets on the TV.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Cinemate 130 and Loewe Bild3

Hi Derekc, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I'm curious. Do you have both the Apple TV and the Blu-ray player connected to the Cinemate 130 console via HDMI? Also, is the console then connected to your new TV with HDMI as well? Can you try to adjust the CEC setting on the console and see if it helps? Please try to set this to "Alternative On" or "Off" and see if this helps. Here are the steps to do so:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "3 HDMI-CEC"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to adjust HDMI CEC setting:
    1. DEFAULT ON: Enables CEC
    2. ALTERNATIVE ON: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. OFF: Disables CEC
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

If that doesn't resolve it, please turn off both the Bose and your TV, unplug power to both, remove and re-seat the HDMI cable between the two, reconnect power and re-test. Please let us know.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Thanks Brent.

When I switched the system back on when I got home on Friday it all worked as normal!

I have the Apple tv and Bluray connected direct to the Bose and the Bose connected to the TV all by HDMI cables. I didn't change anything and it is now ok. I don't know if maybe the tv was just being tempramental.

Thanks again

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Derekc,

We're glad to hear everything now seems to be working!

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Brian