roy2017
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Cinemate 15 stopped working suddenly

Hi..

I bought a Bose Cinemate 15 on November 2016. It is connected to a Samsung 40" 4k UHD TV using optical cable. It has been working perfectly fine without any issues so far, crystal clear sound and deep bass as expected until yesterday. Yesterday, while watching Netflix, suddenly heard a very loud screeching noise from the speaker. It was so loud that I had to immediately turn it off and even the volume control was not working. After that, when I turned the system on, there is no sound...! I restarted several times, checked all the cables, nothing fixed the issue. The system turns on with the remote but no sound. 

This is my very first Bose product and I am so disheartened to see a Bose Product not even lasting a year! It is also a Sunday and no tech support available from Bose over phone.. I did not expect this from a Bose Product so early!! 

What do I do now!!

Thanks,

Roy

5 REPLIES 5
dwjudy34736
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Re: Cinemate 15 stopped working suddenly

I am now having the same problem.  This afternoon, great audio.  This evening, no audio.  Everything appears to be connected correctly so what is a Bose fan to do to correct this problem?

@roy2017 wrote:

Hi..

I bought a Bose Cinemate 15 on November 2016. It is connected to a Samsung 40" 4k UHD TV using optical cable. It has been working perfectly fine without any issues so far, crystal clear sound and deep bass as expected until yesterday. Yesterday, while watching Netflix, suddenly heard a very loud screeching noise from the speaker. It was so loud that I had to immediately turn it off and even the volume control was not working. After that, when I turned the system on, there is no sound...! I restarted several times, checked all the cables, nothing fixed the issue. The system turns on with the remote but no sound. 

This is my very first Bose product and I am so disheartened to see a Bose Product not even lasting a year! It is also a Sunday and no tech support available from Bose over phone.. I did not expect this from a Bose Product so early!! 

What do I do now!!

Thanks,

Roy

Hi dwjudy34736, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. Are your source devices (cable box, DVD player, gaming console) connected to your TV and then the audio fed to the Cinemate 15? Are you connected to the Cinemate with a digital or analog cable? The first thing we should check is if the system is detecting an audio signal. Curiously, With the system on, can you press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 15 seconds? Release the Mute button and determine the LED blink pattern. To exit Diagnostic Mode, press any button on the remote. If the LED blinks 4 times, it does not detect an audio signal. If the LED blinks 2 times, it does detect an audio signal. 

Can you try to unplug the power to the Cinemate 15 from power for a solid minute and re-test? Can you also try to unplug and re-connect the cable connected to the Cinemate and re-test? 

Please, let us know. 

Thank you 

roy2017
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Hi dwjudy34736...

I called Bose customer care...followed their instructions...disconnected all cables..powered off everything..reconnected all cables..and that solved the problem...

hope this gets your's working too...

....roy2017

Rapsiose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Been experiencing a problem with me cinemate 15 as well. Bought this october 2016 and now the right surround is not working. Been checking every possible cause but to no avail. Can somebody help me with this as well? Thanks!

Hi Rapsiose,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'd be happy to assist! For clarification, does it sound like a speaker inside of the Cinemate 15's soundbar is not producing sound (on the right side)? If this is the case, let's first try a system reset:

1. Turn the system off
  2. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
  3. Disconnect and reconnect any audio cables at the back of the soundbar
  4. Wait 1 minute
  5. Reconnect the power cord
  6. Retest the system

If the issue is still present, can you confirm that this happens when listening to all sources (TV, cable/satellite, DVD/Blu-ray player, gaming systems, music, etc.)?

• Check the audio output/speaker settings of the TV by following these steps:
    • Press the Menu button on the TV remote. The TV on-screen menu appears. Find the Audio or Speaker options section.
    • Locate the speakers on/off menu item and select "Internal Speakers Off" or "External Speakers On." Some TVs may have a speaker on/off switch on the rear panel near the audio output jacks
    • Locate the audio output level menu item and select "Fixed." Some TVs may have a fixed/variable switch on the back panel or separate fixed and variable output jacks. If "Fixed" is not an output option, adjust the TV volume to about 80 percent of its maximum volume
  • Be sure the audio source is connected properly
    • A connection may have come loose or may be incorrect. Check to see that all connectors are firmly seated at both ends of the cable. If using an optical connection a click is typically heard or felt when the connection is firmly seated.

• Try replacing the audio cables

• Check the condition of the cables and connectors. The audio cables may be defective. Replace the cables

If you still experience the same issue after all of the above steps, we'd next recommend reaching out to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can better determine available service options based on your region. Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'.

Best regards,

Brian