Cinemate 520 on a 3rd party amp

Quiet Contributor

Cinemate 520 on a 3rd party amp

Hi bose experts,

Just want to know if the Cinemate 520 speakers and acoustimass bass module that came with it can be used with a third party amplifier. Or can we still buy the console separately.

Yes, my console died and my wife threw it away. I have the remote, cables and speakers left.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Cinemate 520 on a 3rd party amp

Hi Budjit

Thanks for writing in!

The Cinemate 520 speakers and wireless bass module are only compatible with that particular console as it has the specific connections for the 5 speaker setup.  Also the console provides a unique EQ curve for the speakers so they sound as great as they do.  I would recommend contacting your local support center to see if you can source the console still.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is it just the cable? But performance is same with acoustimass on third party amp? So, if i can find a compatible cable it would work? I think already called local bose and apparently no stock any more for that console? Would u know any other console model that is available and compatible?

Hi Budjit,

Thanks for the question.

The Acoustimass module (wired or wireless) is only compatible with the Cinemate 120, 130, 220 and 520 system, and as far as we know will not work with any other home theater products.  

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

That means, this speakers are useless unless i can get a console compatible with it?