JimThomson
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

Cinimate 1sr not starting

Good amorning folk

My speaker array wont start, when turning it on the power light blinks several times, followed by a very fast blink of the status light then it powers down.... 

5 REPLIES 5
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cinimate 1sr not starting

Hi Jim Thompson,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. Could you let us know what color the status indicator is blinking before it shuts down? Is this an issue that just started suddenly/has it been working fine previously?

I'd recommend trying a product reset to start with:

1. Turn the product off
  2. Unplug the speaker array power cord from the power outlet
  3. Unplug the Acoustimass Module power cord from the power outlet
  4. Wait 30 seconds
  5. Reconnect the power cords
  6. Retest the system

Please let us know how this goes!

Best regards,

Brian

JimThomson
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

Hi Brian 

Many thanks for your reply....  this is starting to drive me to distraction as I keep getting different combinations of flashing lights,,,

This morning,,,  I automatically turned it on, still wasn't starting,,,,  white light was flashing then stayed on as a solid light,, but no sound....  I wouldn't go off useing the remote so I unpluged the power and went to work

I turned it on a short time ago,,,,  the green light flashed several times then the white light came on along with the red light flashing approx 5 times in rapid sucession....  then they stopped and the green light starting flashing again,, followed by red and white,,, this happened 4 times then the unit went off.....

I reset the system,,,  after turning it back on the white light flashed a few times then stayed on solid,,,  no othe lights came on...  still no sound and the speaker wouldn't switch off....  I unpluged the power then plugged it back in,,, ...... the speaker came back on,, with sound then went back off 10 minutes later........

this is all different from what I was experiencing yesterday

regards

Jim

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you,

It seems like we are getting some mixed results after doing a reset. You mentioned there was a red flashing light at one point. This color is typically related to the wireless Acoustimass Module when there is an issue making a wireless connection. When you did the resets, did you unplug power from the wireless Acoustimass (bass) module as well? 

If not, let's try doing this. Once you have done the full reset (unplugging both the soundbar and bass module) and powered everything back up; take a look at the LED light on the Acoustimass module. Is it solid orange, blinking orange every 3 seconds, slow blinking orange, or solid red? 

Thank you,

Brian

JimThomson
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

Goods afternoon all

Apologies for taking so long to answer,,  work is keeping me busy....

Nothing I tried appeared to fix this issue,,, Bose informed me it would cost £125 to fix,,,  as they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it I was surprised they could give me a price before they looked at it..... after fruitless hours on the internet looking for a solution I put it aside 

As my system is three and a half years old and out of warranty, I decided to open it up myself...  it was rather dusty,,  so after taking the hoover to it I reassembled it,,,  since then the seaker has been working well with no other issues

Hopefully this may help others who may come accross this issue

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JimThomson,

We're glad to hear that everything seems to be working again! Please let us know if you experience any other issues. 

Best regards,

Brian