mithunp79
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Cinimate 520 compatible remote

I bought Bose RC-PWS III IR universal remote control after I lost my original remote for Cinimate 520. I am not even able to switch ON/OFF the console with the new remote. The LED on the diffrent source buttons glow in the remote but nothing happens to the console, can someone suggest is this a compatibility issue, if so which remote I should go with as I could see only this remote in the BOSE website. 

Also is there any app that can replace the remote, I have soundtouch app but it can do limited functions only, any reposnse will be much appritiated, 

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Cinimate 520 compatible remote

Unfortunately I think you picked up the wrong remote.  According to this site (https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/bose-rc-pws-iii-universal-remote-co...) it is compatable with older Cinemate systems.  It was released at the same time as the one you need, but for the Solo system.  The one you need looks almost identical, but is a different colour.

If you picked it up from Bose, I'm sure they'll swap it over as they sold you the wrong one.

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Cinimate 520 compatible remote

Hello mithunp79,

As Morlock had mentioned the RC-PWS III remote would not be fully compatible with the CineMate 520 system. Although they do appear very similar, they would contain different IR codes.

The RC-PWS III remote would be compatible with the following systems:

• All Bose Solo TV sound systems
  • CineMate 15 home theater speaker system
  • CineMate 1 SR digital home theater speaker system
  • CineMate GS Series II digital home theater speaker system
  • CineMate Series II digital home theater speaker system

I would recommend contacting your local support center for more information on a part exchange to the correct remote as it would not be currently available online. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you,

-Michael