Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Companion 2 Series III no longer working

I've been using my Bose Companion 2 Series III for about a year now, and one day I installed some new drivers on my computer for a wifi adapter and the bose speakers were no longer available as a playback device. I've checked all the cabling and it's fine, I restarted my computer and removed my wifi adapter, but the speakers will not show up as an option. I've definately not had them long enough for them to stop working. Is there anything I can do to fix them?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Companion 2 Series III no longer working

Hi hannahwalker

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Have you been able to connect the speakers to a different device like a phone or tablet?

Have you tried a different set of speakers or headphones in the same port to see if it's something to do with the computer?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Companion 2 Series III no longer working

@hannahwalker wrote:

I've been using my Bose Companion 2 Series III for about a year now, and one day I installed some new drivers on my computer for a wifi adapter and the bose speakers were no longer available as a playback device. I've checked all the cabling and it's fine, I restarted my computer and removed my wifi adapter, but the speakers will not show up as an option. I've definately not had them long enough for them to stop working. Is there anything I can do to fix them?

Sounds like your problem may be related to the sound card drivers. I say this because as I understand these speakers are connected by analogue cable to the 3.5mm analogue port. Check your sound card settings and in particular your 3.5 mm port often referred to as headphones.