mikerpm
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Connect 700 soundbar to 535 series II receiver?

Does anyone know if I can connect a new Bose 700 Soundbar to an older Bose 535 Series II entertainment system? We moved and we left the speakers behind (as they were mounted to the walls) but I kept the 535 receiver. In our new house I was planning on having the Bose ceiling speakers installed for the rears (wired to where the receiver will be), but then I wanted to buy the 700 soundbar and 700 sub, and get them all connected to the 535 receiver. Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Connect 700 soundbar to 535 series II receiver?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey @mikerpm,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

It would not be possible to connect your Soundbar 700 system to your 535 II console. The soundbar and bass module are powered speakers and can only be used as a standalone system. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Charlotte_G

Re: Connect 700 soundbar to 535 series II receiver?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey @mikerpm,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

It would not be possible to connect your Soundbar 700 system to your 535 II console. The soundbar and bass module are powered speakers and can only be used as a standalone system. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post