cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanm78
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Connect an old Cinemate to Victrola turn table?

Hi folks! I'm not sure this can be done, but I have on my hands an old Bose Cinemate system that connects via A/V cables.  No bluetooth, HDMI, etc; it's a bit of a dinosaur (kind of like me).  Since the thing was just sitting around collecting dust, I thought I'd try to connect it to my Victrola turn table system as the speakers onboard are meh.  I'm looking for a code for the remote, or any sort of work-around to make this happen. There is no TV in-between, just straight Cinemate to Victrola turntable.  

Am I out of luck?

TIA! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Connect an old Cinemate to Victrola turn table?

Author Accepted Answer selected by ryanm78

Hi ryanm78,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to connect an older Cinemate system to a turntable, as long as the turntable has the correct audio outputs for your Cinemate. To be able to look into this further though, could you let me know which Cinemate system you have? If you are unsure of the exact model, you can double-check this using our Product Identifier.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Connect an old Cinemate to Victrola turn table?

Author Accepted Answer selected by ryanm78

Hi ryanm78,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to connect an older Cinemate system to a turntable, as long as the turntable has the correct audio outputs for your Cinemate. To be able to look into this further though, could you let me know which Cinemate system you have? If you are unsure of the exact model, you can double-check this using our Product Identifier.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post