Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben T
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Connecting Bose Headphones to Soundtouch 300

Hi,

I just purchased a new Bose Sound Touch 300 and have it hooked up to my television. My 86 year mom is hard of hearing and I'd like to know if I can connect a pair of Bose Bluetooth headphones to the Soundtouch and have the sound coming through both the Soundbar and the Heaphones  simultaneously?

Your help/advise is greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Connecting Bose Headphones to Soundtouch 300

Hey @Ben T, welcome to the Bose Community! 

I hope you are enjoying your new SoundTouch 300 soundbar so far! Regrettably, it wouldn't be possible to connect headphones and play audio through both. 

Which Bose headphones would be in the equation? Our Smart Home soundbars (Smart Soundbar 300, Soundbar 500, and Soundbar 700) utilize a new technology called SimpleSync, which would allow this to happen (if the headphones are also SimpleSync compatible). This may be of interest to you. Find out more here - Get more out of your Bose products with Bose SimpleSync

Let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ben T
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

Mom's Headphones are the Bose AE2 Sound link. I'm wondering if they are too old  since they were purchased in 2013

Ben T
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Would the simple sync headphones allow for simultaneous playback? Or is that not at all possible under any scenario?

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Does her TV have 3.5 mm or optical out?  If so, the Sennheiser RS-175's work great for this.  I have a pair for late night tv viewing.  The headphone volume works independent of the tv volume.