Registered since

Sep 27, 2016

Connecting Lifestyle 135 Series II to a 4K TV

Hello,
I've just purchased a Samsung 65KS8000 4K Series and would love to be able to keep enjoying the sound of my Lifestyle 135 without losing the 4K picture quality. 
This TV comes with the One Connect Box which looks like this http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/ks8000/ks8000-inputs-back-large.jpg 
All the 4K content will be streamed using the Smart Apps of the TV (Netflix, Youtube) 
I know that the Lifestyle 135 doesn't support 4k but is there any configuration that Would allow me to run the audio without losing 4K quality? Also do I need to get an HDMI 2.0 or just a regular 1.4 would be enough? 
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Connecting Lifestyle 135 Series II to a 4K TV

Hi Sammy L BH,
4K or "UHD" is a video spec only.  If all 4K content is being streamed directly to the TV then you will not have any issues with compatibility, as the video is not attempting to pass through the Lifestyle system.
You can connect an Optical cable from the TV's digital output to the "TV audio input" on the back of your Lifestyle 135II console. You can connect it as shown here:Migrated ImageOnce plugged in, a new option should appear on the bose source menu that says "TV". This selection will play audio from your streaming apps on the TV.
Just to reiterate no changes to HDMI configuration or cables are needed in this case.
Hope this helps!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Could we use the lifestyle 135 & upgrade the speakers to the new 300 series (soundbar, bass, 2-virtually invisibles)?

Could the same optical cable be used that Connects the older 135 soundbar to the lifestyle, be used to hook up the new 300 soundbar? The wires were originally ran behind the walls preconstruction over 20 ft & it would be nearly impossible to run new wires without breaking Sheetrock etc so hopefully this could work. Please advise.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for asking. The components between the two systems are not interchangeable. However, if you are having difficulties with the setup as George had suggested, we can certainly work with you through our support team to take a closer look at your setup and ensure that we get everything working properly. You can reach your local support HERE