Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjscud
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Connecting SA amps to Lifestyle 650

Hello. 
I am considering upgrading my Lifestyle 48 to a 600 or 650. The current setup includes two sets of outdoor speakers (151 SE and Freespace 51) and SA-3/5 amps connected to the Lifestyle receiver via Boselink. The outdoor speakers are on one zone and can be controlled via a Bose remote.

Question is can the outdoor zone be connected to a newer Lifestyle Home Theater product and allow for full independent control of the zone. It would seem I would have to change the connection from Boselink to Soundtouch to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Connecting SA amps to Lifestyle 650

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rjscud

You would have to change everything to SoundTouch.  Boselink became obsolete when they moved to the SoundTouch wireless systems, so will not work with the new Lifestyles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rjscud

You would have to change everything to SoundTouch.  Boselink became obsolete when they moved to the SoundTouch wireless systems, so will not work with the new Lifestyles.

View solution in original post

Charlotte_G

Hey @Rjscud, welcome to the Bose Community!

User @Morlock is correct. BoseLink is not compatible with the Lifestyle 600/650. You'll need to use SoundTouch to connect to the amplifier. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rjscud
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Thank you for the confirmation.