Marceldelakolcia
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2017

Connecting lifestyle 650 to tv and epson wireless beamer

Hi, does anybody know what is the best way to connect the lifestyle 650 to a tv and a wireless projector at the same time?  So far I connected Apple TV and a PS4 to the epson transmitter and used the optical cable to connect it to a hifi system. Now I would like to connect apple and ps4 to the lifestyle 650 but how do I connect the lifestyle 650 to a tv and the transmitter (called hdmi link) at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Connect Lifestyle 650 console to projector for video

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi racerhere,

Thank you for posting. I would be happy to assist with this.

The HDMI ARC connection is only important when we are connecting to something we want to receive audio from. From the description of your setup, we would not be receiving an audio signal from the projector, the HDMI cable will only be used to send video to it.  As such it shouldn't make any difference whether the projector has an ARC connection or not.

If we have all your sources connected to the Lifestyle console, then that connected to the projector then this set up should work for you. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maciekl
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Re: Connecting lifestyle 650 to tv and epson wireless beamer

I think I may have similar challenge, I have a TV with CI+ card for my cable connected to TVout on 650, PS4 connected to 650 to HDMI in. I want to set up a projector and watch movies from chromecast or AndroidTV box on a projector but still want to have my audio in 5.1 to be heard by 650. What do you suggest?

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello maciekl,

If the devices have separate audio outs you can connect those to the other inputs on the Lifestyle, otherwise you will need to move the HDMI out from the TV to the projector. 

maciekl
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Hi Emmet_H, thanks for the note.

Let me just explain the setup I have:

- TV Philips 55PUS6561 with direct antenna connection and CommonInterface+ card installed for Cable

- Bose 650

- PS3

- Projectr (probably just with HDMI in and simple jack 3,5 audio output.

On daily basis I want to watch TV but sometimes I want to watch something on the projector. I want in both cases to have the sound via 650, possibly in 5.1. the source for a projector can ba a chromecast or anyting, I can control the projector by its remote but want to keep controll of the TV with the 650's remote. 

I noticed 650 has just one HDMI output - I thought I may keep it for a projector. But when I connect TV to HDMI IN in 650, I can use the 650s remote to controll the TV, but sound does not appear. Do you have any ideas how can I connect all the devices?  

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello maciekl, 

Thanks for providing the additional details. From what you've described, it sounds like you want to be able to choose between 2 separate displays (the TV and the projector), but still have access to all of the same devices including the Bose Lifestyle 650 audio. 

Since the Lifestyle 650 was engineered to connect to one TV at a time, there really is no easy solution that doesn't involve moving wires each time you'd like to switch between your TV and projector. 

Although we don't officially support the use of 3rd-party adapters, in your particular case, you may want to try an HDMI 2-Port Switch. If you do decide to try one, here are a few things to consider: try to find a Bi-Directional switch that supports 4K video and ARC (This is important for being able to get the sound from your TV's antenna). Also, be aware that some devices like this may cause HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) issues, which may result in no video or audio. For this reason, we strongly recommend that if you try a device like this, make sure that it is able to be returned for a refund (in the case you do experience the issue mentioned above). 

So, if we don't officially support the use of these products, and know that there could be potential issues; why am i suggesting that you give one of these a try? Well, if you find one that does work, you would easily be able to switch between your TV and projector with a simple push of a button. No cables would need to be moved. This would be the best option for user convenience. 

Best regards,

Brian

PSANTIAG1969
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Bose Lifestyle 650 & Epson Home Cinema 5040UBE (Wireless)

Hello,

Has anyone successfully setup this combination of the Lifestyle 650 and Epson Wireless HD Transmitter?

My setup will include a BlueRay Player, Amazon Firestick, FIOS TV, and the Bose 650.

I want to use the Bose 650 with all of the attachments. 

Can anyone assist with the setup?  Bose requires HDMI Arc?  The Epson does not seem to have this?

Something was mention about using the Optical Audio Output?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

racerhere
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Connect Lifestyle 650 console to projector for video

My projector's HDMI input does not have ARC and I see that the HDMI out on the Lifestyle 650 console has ARC. Can I still use the Lifestyle 650 for sending video to my projector and audio to the speakers of Lifestyle 650?

Keith_L

Re: Connect Lifestyle 650 console to projector for video

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi racerhere,

Thank you for posting. I would be happy to assist with this.

The HDMI ARC connection is only important when we are connecting to something we want to receive audio from. From the description of your setup, we would not be receiving an audio signal from the projector, the HDMI cable will only be used to send video to it.  As such it shouldn't make any difference whether the projector has an ARC connection or not.

If we have all your sources connected to the Lifestyle console, then that connected to the projector then this set up should work for you. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post