jhelmer25
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Control the Alexa volume independently? [Bose 700 soundbar]

Alexa is always screaming at me.

Is there a way to control the Alexa volume independently from the source volume (in this case, SPD/IF)?

When I raise the volume enough to have it at an enjoyable level for music/movies, asking something like "what time is it" can be heard by my neighbors down the block.

If this is not possible, this is a much-needed feature that I would like to have escalated and prioritized if possible.

I'm surprised this isn't a staggering issue for a lot of other folks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
GorFex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Re: Control the Alexa volume independently? [Bose 700 soundbar]

So funny, because I mentioned this in a different thread earlier today. 

Definitely a terrible feature, especially since Alexa lowers the volume of whatever you are lisetning to (e.g., the TV) and then screams at you using a much louder volume.

It's ridiculous. Now, anytime I engage Alexa while something else is playing, I tell her, "Alexa, set volume to 15" and THEN I ask her what I want.  Once I'm done with her and am ready to go back to TV, I tell her to set volume to 30.  So basically I am manually turning her down and then talking to her, then manually turning her up and then re-engaging the TV.

Definitely not convenient, but at least it prevents our eardrums from being shattered by her screaming at us.

And yes, Bose should definitely fix this.

jhelmer25
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Good temporary workaround/suggestion. I'll start using it.

But it makes the "hands-free" value of Alexa go away. Either that or you have to use three voice commands to get one answer.

The volume difference is so major, I would even consider this a "Bug"

Hi jhelmer25 and GorFex,

Thank you for posting.

I will absolutely pass this along to development as I can understand what you're describing with Alexa's volume at response with your volume at a higher level on the Soundbars.

If there is any additional information needed, I will reach out to both of you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

jhelmer25
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Joel -

I appreciate your engagement. I will stay subscribed to this thread to be informed of future updates.

Cheers.
RJ Pablo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Has there been any updates on this fix?

Hello RJ Pablo,

Thanks for the question.

We have submitted this as a feature request to development about the separate volume for Alexa.

We cannot promise that this will be implemented, but if anything changes, we'll let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support