AlaJam
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Crackling Sound When Loading an Email or a Web Page

I bought a set of Bose Multimedia 5 stereo speakers some years ago. Back then I was on Windows XP Pro. Now I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I hear a crackling sound whenever I load an email with a lot of images or a web page with a lot of images. I have tested my RAM (all 16 megabyes). I'm not finding a problem. (The problem could be in the RAM, I wouldn't know for certain). Do I need to update my speaker software? How would I do that? Advice, suggestions (please).   

4 REPLIES 4
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Crackling Sound When Loading an Email or a Web Page

Hello AlaJam,

You may want to try a different USB port on the computer, this issue could be caused by an older USB or one that has damage. 

AlaJam
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and report back ASAP. 

AlaJam
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Dear Mister Emmet_H Moderator-

Acting on your instructions I moved the Bose USB plug from one USB 3 port to another USB 3 port. The sound is still crackly / choppy when I load complicated emails or web pages. When I switched the plug from one port to the next I got a message from Windows stating my Bose Audio equipment is installed and ready to use. 

I also tried unplugging and re-plugging the power supply cord. No help. The problem remains. Last, I went to the Windows 10 troubleshooter and ran through audio diagnostics. No help. The problem remains.     

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello AlaJam,

This may be an issue with the processor, can you try the speakers with another computer?