Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYCItalian
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Dolby Atmos

Hello, I just purchased a Soundtouch 300 and the surround speakers not knowing it wasn't Dolby Atmos compatible. Almost $1000 and no Atmos? I love bose, all my headphones and earbuds are Bose but this is ridiculous. All this money and no Atmos? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Dolby Atmos

Author Accepted Answer selected by NYCItalian

The Bose Soundtouch 300 is clearly marketed as 5.1.  Nowhere does Bose hide that fact and nowhere do they imply it is Atmos capable.  It only has front left, right, and center.  If you purchase the rear surrounds, that gives you rear left and right.  If you purchase the subwoofer, that gives you the bass channel.  The Bose Soundtouch 300 has no upward firing speakers nor does it have separate speakers that could carry the overhead sound track for Atmos.

If you want Atmos, you should return your Bose and purchase something that is Atmos capable.  Ask questions and do some research next time before you purchase.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by NYCItalian

The Bose Soundtouch 300 is clearly marketed as 5.1.  Nowhere does Bose hide that fact and nowhere do they imply it is Atmos capable.  It only has front left, right, and center.  If you purchase the rear surrounds, that gives you rear left and right.  If you purchase the subwoofer, that gives you the bass channel.  The Bose Soundtouch 300 has no upward firing speakers nor does it have separate speakers that could carry the overhead sound track for Atmos.

If you want Atmos, you should return your Bose and purchase something that is Atmos capable.  Ask questions and do some research next time before you purchase.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi NYCItalian,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

The SoundTouch 300 system does not have Dolby Atmos built in, however it does use our PhaseGuide technology to send rear channel audio to the back of the room to simulate 5.1 audio.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support