perio1982
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Dolby Vision Lifestyle 650

Putting in another plug for Dolby Vision passthrough on the next firmware upgrade for Lifestyle 650.  I can get Dolby Vision passthrough (so I know it is possible) from my AppleTV 4K to my Sony X900F, but the signal is unstable when changing to videos with different dynamic ranges and I have to go through an irritating process of switching inputs to get my video signal back.  

Please, please, please.

On another note...  In the last 2ish years I have purchased the Lifestyle 650, the Soundbar 300 (with subwoofer and virtually invisible speakers), 2 Soundtouch 10s, and 1 Soundtouch 30.  I did (and do) not expect these speakers to last forever, but it it has been very frustrating to invest money in products that are unable to evolve with changes in technology (within reason) and seem to be deprioritized by the company with the rollout of the new speaker lines that do not play nice with the old ecosystem.  Very frustrating (but I would be less frustrated with Dolby Vision passthrough)!!  🙂

1 REPLY 1
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Dolby Vision Lifestyle 650

Hi perio1982,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I have passed along your feedback and suggestion about Dolby Vision support on the Lifestyle 650.

We have not deprioritized SoundTouch in any way, we will be continuing to improve the experience and are currently working on the ability to add your own custom URL's to stream your favorite stations and Airplay 2 coming sometime in 2019. SoundTouch will be supported for the foreseeable future.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support