Boser
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2017

FM antenna

My new wave's fm reception is terrible.  But the recommended Bose antenna is out of stock and off the shelf antennas use a coax connector.

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: FM antenna

While we agree that the external antenna is good addition for your new Wave, we have a suggestion to help while it is out of stock. The acting FM antenna on the unit itself is the power cord. Let's try stretching it out and trying to locate it away from other power cords or electronics as best as possible within your current setup. That will increase the FM reception of the unit. 

Harveywall
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2017

You can get a coaxial to 1/8 plug that will allow you to use a coxal FM antenna.  When I got my new Wave IV I did not need an fm antenna as we have a very high quality TV/FM antenna in our attic.  With this adapter I connected that antenna to my Wave IV getting outstanding reception. 

Highlighted
cadillacmike
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Adorama sells them on ebay Amazon- brand new for the same price. Just look for Bose FM Antenna, someone called Bonita treasures also has a traditional pink dipole with the co-ax connector but with the mini-jack as well  (it thrads onto the coax connector)so you could use that one on AW, Wave radios as well as older Bose (lifestyle, etc) that use either the mini-jack or co-ax connectors. I think Bonita might also sell theirs on ebay. I have both (I have an old Lifestyle 20 series) and they both work. Obviously the newer Bose one, which has a fixed mini jack connector, will not fit the old lifestyle coax connector.