Firmware error on new 650 system

Silent Starter

Firmware error on new 650 system

My new 650 system was installed yesterday. Worked fine for couple of hours on the Cable source, then the console shut down and status light turned red indicating firmware error. Of course Bose is not openen today. does anyone have suggestions on how to fix.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Firmware error on new 650 system

Hi beerbasket,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but I'd be happy to help!

Since the issue occurred, have you been able to try anything like disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds?

If power cycling the console doesn't seem to help, we may want to try a console reset.  Here are the steps:

• Keep the TV and control console on
  • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  • Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  • An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Turns out problem was faulty wiring on the center speaker. New wire installed and working fine, EXCEPT after a recent software update the Bose remote does not shut off TV. It shuts off Bose but not TV. Installer worked on probem 4 hours yesterday and even changed out console but still cannot shut off TV with Bose remote, I need to shut off TV with TV remote.

Hope a solution is sent soon. After spending $4K for this system I would expect this to work.

Thanks

John Brehm

***Moderator Edit***

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi John,

Thanks for the update!  

That's certainly odd, since the last console was able to do this.  Have you been able to try the different CEC settings in the Unify menu yet?  Also, did the installer try setting up the IR emitters at all?

Warm Regards,

Tony A