Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

HMDI (No Arc)

Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted previously or in the wrong channel.

My Farther in Law purchased the SoundTouch 300, came home and try to connect it to his fairly old Sony TV. The TV doenst have HDMI arc or optical. He had no luck setting up the ST300.

I started to have a look for him, I'm not too familiar with home audio gear but from what I read HDMI arc is talked about a lot but is mainly for multiple audio streams, is that right? so if I only have 1 output i.e TV to soundtouch then i can use plain HDMI?

This is the crux of my question, can I set up the ST300 on an older style TV with plain HDMI?

I have successfully connected to the ST300 with my phone and the Bose app, it worked instantly but not able to connect via the HDMI cable.

Help!

Thanks

Gary

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Re: HMDI (No Arc)

Hi,

I have an old TV with no HDMI-ARC too and you can connect successfully with your Bose SoundTouch 300 to your non-ARC HDMI and/or optical connection.

If you have no HDMI-ARC, try to connect with your Bose apps to set the HDMI-CEC setting at: Settings - Speaker Settings - select your speaker from the list - Advanced Setup - HDMI-CEC (select Default On or Alternate On).

Success,

Martin.