Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

HOW CAN I CONNECT MY APPLE IMAC TO BOSE LIFESTYLE AV35 CONTROL CONSOLE

I NEED SOME HELP

I WOULD LIKE CONNECT MY APPLE IMAC TO BOSE LIFESTYLE AV35 CONTROL CONSOLE.WHAT DO I NEED TO DO.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: HOW CAN I CONNECT MY APPLE IMAC TO BOSE LIFESTYLE AV35 CONTROL CONSOLE

Hello JORGE1GUERRA,

There would be three different ways you would be able to connect your iMac to the V35. Let me break them down one by one so that you can pick the ideal connection for your setup:

1. Connect your iMac to the V35 via an HDMI cable. This will allow you to push both audio and video to the system. Simply connect an HDMI cable from your computer to the back of the V35 in inputs 1-3. The console should automatically detect that you have inserted an HDMI cable and ask you if you want to set up that device. Walk through the prompts on the screen to set the source name, and you will be all set from there.
  2. Connect a Y-cable (3.5mm male to RCA male) from your iMac's to the back of the Lifestyle V35. Simply connect the 3.5mm male jack to the headphone jack on the iMac, then the RCA cabling to either input number 4 or 5 on the back of the V35. The console should again detect that you have inserted cabling into these inputs and walk you through the setup prompts.
  3. The third option is if you do not wish to have a cable running between the iMac and the V35. This setup would require a Bluetooth adapter receiver such as our SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter. Simply connect the Bluetooth receiver to the V35, walk through the setup prompts, then connect to the adapter from the computers Bluetooth menu.

Let us know if this helps answer your question! Thanks!