Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Help! Previous homeowner left home theater wall speakers—need to ID model

I am asking for some help identifying what model Bose home theater these wall speakers belong to. Not much use to me without the rest of the components unless I can hook these directly to a TV, so if anyone has suggestions on how to remove (there is a wall plate covering screws into wall and I don’t know how it is wired), I would be grateful! Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

1E8A33BD-7FD3-447B-B158-741E62DA1BAF.jpegEB2B4087-C111-4040-83F2-DD5005DFDFBE.jpegA6523F1E-9CEE-4715-8A92-E70E1B465953.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Help! Previous homeowner left home theater wall speakers—need to ID model

Hi sepphacdc, 

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Those speakers look like our original jewel cubes that were used on a few different older model Lifestyle systems. How many of the them do you have? If you only have 2 of them, then they most likely originated from a Lifestyle 20 or a Lifestyle 40 system. If you have five of them, then they could have been attached to one of several different systems like the Lifestyle 35, the Lifestyle 35 series II, or a Lifestyle 48. Did the previous homeowners leave any other components at all? These systems usually had an Acoustimass module where the speakers connected, and a media center. These speakers were very unique in that they were engineered to only connect to a compatible Acoustimass module. The Acoustimass is similar to a subwoofer but with a wider range to help fill out the frequencies of the cube speakers. Connecting the cubes to another manufacturer's receiver would not give you good sound at all. Those brackets appear to be our UB-20 wall brackets. If you want to remove them from the wall, the face of the wall plate should be able to be loosened and should expose a few screws that can be loosened to help disassemble the bracket and remove the speaker. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you