Amazon1234
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

How to connect an iPad Pro 12.9 to Bose Lyfestyle 535 (latest series)?

Hi,

I'd like to connect my  iPad Pro 12.9 to Lifestyle 535 to watch streaming/movie from computer in order to enjoy great quality sound & large screen. I would like to have a WIRE CONNECTION (not wiresles).

In the Setup menu, "Add new device" I do not see iPad. It used to work with "Degital Media Player" but I just changed TV and it does not work anymore. What would be describe it? I have an HDMI cable connected to an adaptor HMDI/lightning cable (official adaptor from Apple store).

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: How to connect an iPad Pro 12.9 to Bose Lyfestyle 535 (latest series)?

Hi Amazon1234,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. You should definitely be able to get this setup to work (especially since you mentioned it has worked before with a different TV). Curiously, are you trying to add a new "Digital Media Player" in addition to the source you had set up for the previous TV? 

Let's try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn the control console off
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  3. Release the Power button
  4. Retest the system

If nothing changes, let's press the SETUP button on the front of the Lifestyle console. This will bring up the UNIFY menu on your TV screen. If you see any options that say "Digital Media Player Setup"; select these and then "remove this device". 

Once there aren't any others listed, try going through the "Add a new device" steps again, and select HDMI. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian