abpilli
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Install Bose V35 with new LG OLED65B9PUA TV with Cisco DVR cable box.. Replaced older Sharp TV.

Have HDMI connections as before, but added optical cable from TV digital out to Bose audio in. The HDMI at TV is the HDMI in 4 and the connection on the V35 is HDMI out video to TV. The Cisco cable box is connected to audio in Bose Link and out of cable box on only HDMI outlet. The coax cable goes directly into cable box. I do not get program sound from Bose when I go to Netflix through (Smart) TV, its from the TV speakers and the sound from the last channel watched on TV (cable) is still coming from Bose speakers.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Install Bose V35 with new LG OLED65B9PUA TV with Cisco DVR cable box.. Replaced older Sharp TV.

Hello abpilli, 

Thanks for posting!

Have you tried associating the Optical connection to a source via the UNIFY menu? 

To connect audio from your TV:

1. On the system console, press the Setup button.
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
  2. Using the remote control, scroll down to TV setup, then press the OK button
  3. Scroll down to Add TV audio, then press the OK button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!