Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

Re: Is there a way to connect to old Wave Radio via Bluetooth adapter?

WANTED TO KNOW WHY MY WAVE SOUNDED SO BAD AND GOT SWITCHED TO SOMETHING NON-RELATED.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

WANTED TO KNOW WHY MY WAVE SOUNDED SO BAD AND GOT SWITCHED TO SOMETHING NON-RELATED. Don't give a fat **bleep** abopurt verified images just want top know why my bose wave sounds like **bleep**.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

I have a wave radio that sounds like **bleep** but I can't even verify that I'm not a **bleep**ing robot.

@hersee wrote:

I have an old Wave Radio (1990-1994) that has been great.  I would like to connect to it via Bluetooth, but I am probally way off base.  Is there an adapter that will work via the connections there are, or is this just wishful thinking?

@hersee wrote:

I have an old Wave Radio (1990-1994) that has been great.  I would like to connect to it via Bluetooth, but I am probally way off base.  Is there an adapter that will work via the connections there are, or is this just wishful thinking?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi kingfisher,

We answered your other post here. 

HELLO! MY WAVE RADIO SOUNDS LIKE **bleep**!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hello!

I think I’ve a similar problem as Mgpackard.

I have a Wave III radio/cd player. And I have a Wave Bloothoth Music Adapter. I connected it to the BoseLink port on the Wave system. When I press AUX on the remote BLUETHOOTH never appears on the display. The light on the Adapter never turnes on and the device doesn’t become discoverable. There is an dc power input on the Bluetooth Adapter, but I did not get the cable and power adapter for it, nor there is any additional power source ilustrated in the Owner’s Guide. Do I need to buy a power adapter myself? Or is the Bluetooth Adapter broken?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi rarze24,

Thanks for writing in!

It depends on the version of the Wave system whether it would need the power supply or not. Some of the newer Wave systems are able to power up the adapter using the Bose Link connection.  I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to confirm this.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A