Highlighted
mptemplin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Is two 700 bass modules too much?

Thinking of going with soundbar 700/surround sound speakers & 700 bass module. Wondering if two bass modules would be overkill. We have a really large family room that is open concept
1 REPLY 1
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Is two 700 bass modules too much?

@mptemplin wrote:
Thinking of going with soundbar 700/surround sound speakers & 700 bass module. Wondering if two bass modules would be overkill. We have a really large family room that is open concept

I would suggest you get out to the Bose store or BestBuy and have a listen. Best Buy would be a good first choice because of the large foot print of the store. I think the 700 is a good sounding deep noted sub. A real nice piece of kit. Adding a second sub is really a matter of preference and of course listening area.

I have spoken to a fellow in this forum who has two. @johnzy  might be able to comment.

The one nice nice thing about these Sound Bar systems is they sound great even at low levels. They really fill out the room. If you do go with two subs, I suggest even placement relative to the speaker bar and lateral and rear walls. Run Adaptiq as well.