dwspen01
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

Jewel Cube Speaker Compatibility with Acoustimass Module

I currently have a Bose Lifestyle 35 with the Jewel Cube speakers and am looking to upgrade my media center to a standard receiver.  I would like to keep my Jewel Cubes since the wires are already run through the walls but I can't find any Acoustimass Modules that come with the Jewel Cubes.  Can I use the Jewel Cubes with the Acoustimass 15 or 10 or any other bass module that will wire to a standard receiver?  If so, which module and series are compatible?

6 REPLIES 6
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Jewel Cube Speaker Compatibility with Acoustimass Module

Hi dwspen01, 

Thank you for the question. Other than the Acoustimass 30 p2 and 20 p2, which were solely powered expansion zones for older legacy CD based Lifesytle systems, our jewel cubes were never packaged with our Acoustimass series of systems, and were only available on Lifestyle models. If you connected them to an AM15 or AM10, that origianlly came with our Direct Reflecting speakers, the jewels wouldn't have the same sound that they do with the 35 since the EQ curve is different. As far as the speaker wires are concerned, some of our Acoustimass models did have the same RCA type speaker output that you see on the 35, but the connection to the back of the cube speaker itself is different and your existing wire wouldn't be able to connect to any of the Direct Reflecting cube speakers. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards

valkat
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Hi Brent,

You mentined that "the jewels wouldn't have the same sound that they do with the 35 since the EQ curve is different". 

Is it going to be an un-acceptable sound? not an option at all???

I also was thinking about connecting my old Lifestyle V35 jewel speakers to Acoustimass 10 series IV sub.

Thanks,

Val

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Why not just cut the ends off the wires and connect them to some non-Bose speakers?

valkat
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Unfortunately, keeping Bose speakers is a local requirement here.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi valkat, 

Thank you for responding. Personally, I couldn't use a set of the jewels with a non-jewel system. They'll produce audio but the lack of fidelity would be distracting to me. Audio can indeed be subjective at time but I would much rather use a set of the doubleshots with the AM15 over the jewels, as they were engineered to work with the system. I hope that helps clarify. 

Thank you! 

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I agree.  I think for best results you should use the correct speakers specified for each specific Bose system.  Used speakers are usually readily available on Ebay, etc.  I made an excellent surround sound system by combining an Acoustimass 7 (front left, center, right) with an Acoustimass 5 (surround left and right), an Onkyo receiver, and Klipsch subwoofer.  When you start mixing Bose components, you are likely to have an unacceptable outcome.