L650 will not stream via Bluetooth

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

L650 will not stream via Bluetooth

I recently purchased a L650, assuming that a top of the range Bose system would have much ease of use and backed up by good support. I run an iMac for my iTunes library and am trying to stream to the L650 which is approx 7 meters away. I am finding that the L650 has glitches in Bluetooth streaming and now I finmd that it is dropping from the Bluetooth connection. I have tried the Soundtouch app but it simply wants to connect to my NAS and not to the library on the iMac that I select. To top it all off the support simply keeps semding me notes to keep trying. This is frustrating as they quite often do not even read the email or liste. So the question I have is does anyone know how to resolve this issue ? BTW when I use Airplay to a connected Apple TV module there is no issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Friendly Fanatic

Re: L650 will not stream via Bluetooth

Hi,

I used to have a similar issue when I first purchased the L650 about 18monbths ago. After a couple of updates it seemed to sort itself out. very annoying though!

Regards

NZ

Hi John51!

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your LifeStyle 650, I'll do everything I can to assist you! 

Firstly, you should be able to add your music library to the SoundTouch application as long as you set it up on your iMac So the application knows where to obtain your Music Library. 

If your having trouble with Bluetooth, I would recommend removing the paired devices from the system (this can be done in the SoundTouch App) and deleting the pairing on your iMac then re-pairing as a new device! 

I hope this proves helpful! Have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

NoiZeem,

thanks. The updates are an adventure on the L650. It is connected to a Panasonic Oled TV, 1 week old and the L650 starts to go into an update and then turns off. I turned off the auto sutdown on the L650 which then does not allow the Apple TV unit to work. Yes, that seems strange but it is exactly what heppens. You cannot perform many of the functions on the Bpse without it being connected to a TV which I find strange.

Quiet Contributor

Jessie,

thanks for the reply. As to the answers the Soundtouch app on the iMac does not allow a selection of the main iTunes library. I walked this through with a Bose technician and he was stumped as well. I will try the unpairing for the L650 but am not confident. I have now uninstalled the app and will retry.

What I suppose I am most concerned about is the serious lack of support from Bose themselves especially on a flagship product.

Hi John51! 

I'm sorry you are feeling let down by the product and I will do all I can to assist you. 

I believe that uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it will be a good move. 

I have included a link here to assist you with setting up a music library on SoundTouch. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Jessie - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Jesse,

I have uninstalled the app from my iMac using the uninstall facility. Interestingly I have just tried to get the L650 to play via bluetooth and nothing happens even though the L650 can be seen by the iMac. I then moved the source to SoundTouch and it started playing off the NAS again. I have not reinstalled the app again.Thoughts ?
Please bear in mind before asking that my NAS is used regularly during the day by me on my network so turning it off is not an option.

BTW I cannot see the link to setting up the app.

Regards

John

Hi John, 

The NAS still playing as the SoundTouch source is to be expected as the connection between the LS650 and the NAS drive will still be in place as they are both connected to your SoundTouch Account, which can still use some features, such as the presets, even with the app uninstalled.

I believe the link that we were intending to post was THIS one, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have come through last time.

As the iMac is seeing the 650 as an available device, has the iMac been connecting to it as a device or just able to see it as a device? And if it is connecting, when the 650 has connected, what is the iMacs audio output set to? As it may not automatically be selecting the 650 for some reason.

All the best.

Keith - Community Support - 

Quiet Contributor

Keith,

The fact that SoundTouch does not disappear when the app is uninstalled is curious. How do you completely remove it then ? Do I need to remove my account as well ?

As to how the iMac sees the L650 I am not sure of the question. iTunes can see it on devices to output to and can be selected. When selected to connect and ticked but does not playing the music. The iMac output ie in Settings for sound does not see the 650 as it is only shows Airplay devices. Bluetooth does show it as connected.

I will try the link.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The LS650 is connected to your account rather than a specific instance of the app so that you can control the system from the remote and a version of the app installed on another smartphone or computer on the same Wi-Fi network. If you wanted to remove the 650 completely, you can remove the speaker from your account on the app.

Sorry if the question was unclear, I was trying to discover whether the iMac and 650 were showing as connected but not playing or unable to connect, which you have provided the answer for.

If it's connected via Bluetooth I'm a little surprised it's not showing as an option to be used as an output device, as I would expect the iMac to show it as an option. There is a guide HERE on how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a Mac and set it as the audio out, can you confirm this is how you've been setting it up? 

Let us know how you get on with the setup for the music library.

All the best

Keith