John51
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Re: L650 will not stream via Bluetooth

Keith,

as you will see from the beginning of the thread I have said that I had bluetooth connection but it was breaking up at times. I can see the speaker from iTunes as I highlighted.I have also followed the link and that is how the unit was originally connected.

As for the app if it is still playing anyway as the account is still active I am unsure how this will correct the issue ie is it still playing from the NAS ?

Removing the speaker from the app means that I need to install the app, then remove the app to ensure there is no connection at all and then start the process again. Yes ?

We have gone a long way on attempting to get what I see as a simple issue ie bluetooth breakup the result being that I am finding the Bose software solutions to be poor. Bose are certainly good at the hardware but my experience is showing me that their software is not up to scratch.

I will perserver one more time with the app and provide the results but I will say my confidence is low.

Hi John, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch.

To remove the Lifestyle speaker from the Soundtouch account you will need to download the Soundtouch app and log into your account. Once you have done this please follow the steps below - 

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
  2. Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" > and select the system to remove
  3. Choose "REMOVE SPEAKER
  4. Choose "REMOVE" to confirm

This will then allow you to re-add the speaker to your account if you wish to as it will be still connected to your Wifi.

In relation to the Bluetooth connectivity, as mentioned in one of the previous posts, to clear the Bluetooth list for the lifestyle 650 you will need to do this within the Soundtouch app. To do so please follow the steps below - 

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
  2. Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" and select the system to be paired from the list of systems on the network
  3. From the system details screen, choose "Bluetooth"
  4. Choose "Clear Bluetooth Pairing List".
  5. A "Ready to Pair" message briefly displays at the top of the app to confirm (and, for systems with displays, the message appears on the system display)
  6. The speaker will now be discover-able on your device's Bluetooth list. Select the speaker name to connect.

We look forward to hearing your update.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

John51
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

I have followed the link provided and reloaded of the app. At the connection to the iTunes library on my computer point. The app will not recognise the library. It responds with message "Looks like your music library is not available right now. Please try again in a few seconds (6304)" The iTunes library is open and is running. The link states "Note: Only one library is allowed per computer. If a library already exists for a computer from which you are trying to create a new library, select that computer's existing library and choose "REMOVE MUSIC LIBRARY" so the new library can be added." I cannot find this anywhere in the app and I cannot see where a library is attached.

My only option is to simply return the product and realise that the purchase of the L650 was a bad decision. Hoping that the retailer will understand the problems. I used to like Bose but I think they have lost their way.

Highlighted

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing problems playing iTunes through your lifestyle system. To remove a music library from your SoundTouch account, simply do the following:

1. Select the "Menu" icon in the top left
  2. Choose the "Settings" option
  3. Choose "Music Services"
  4. Choose "Music Library on Computer" or "Music Library on NAS" depending on what you have added.
  5. Choose the desired music library that is listed
  6. Choose "REMOVE MUSIC LIBRARY"
  7. Choose "Remove" on the next screen to confirm

These steps should allow you to remove the music library - to go ahead and re-add a new library.

Let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,

Sam F