Highlighted
pologoalie8908
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

LG TV, ATT Cable Box, and Bose V35

I need help connecting everything for the following:

LG 60LF6090-UB Smart TV

Bose V35 Control Console (connected to 1 bass and 5 speakers)

AT&T Direct TV Cable Box

Everything works except the fact that the smart tv apps (Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, etc.) do not output audio to the theater system. They only output video to the tv itself and audio to the tv speakers.

Coax from wall to ATT

ATT to Bose with HDMI

Bose out to speakers with speaker cables

Bose to TV with HDMI(via the Output on the back of the Bose to the HDMI ACR on the TV)

I can select the cable box source from the bose and i see the video and the audio goes to the speakers

There is a pandora app on the att box that does work and audio goes to the bose speakers, but a key thing is the att box doesnt have netflix and i want to output audio and video from netflix(a tv app)

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: LG TV, ATT Cable Box, and Bose V35

Plug all devices into your LG TV using HDMI.  Use HDMI ARC from LG TV to Bose.  I have same setup with Bose 300 and it works perfectly.

Go into your LG TV setup and turn off internal speakers and turn on output to HDMI/optical.  Turn on CEC.

I use a Harmony 880 remote to control everything.  It works better than the LG or Bose remotes.  I turn the TV on or off and let the TV turn the Bose on or off using CEC.

Re: LG TV, ATT Cable Box, and Bose V35

Hi Pologoalie8908,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

Jimgfitz is absolutely right. However, you may need to run an additional optical cable to get audio from the apps on your TV. You can do this whether your sevices are plugged into the console or the TV. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day! 

Jessie O - Community Support