Uncle David
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

LG UJ630T with Soundbar 500

Hi.  I wonder if someone can help me?

We just bought a Soundbar 500 to go with our LG TV and it's driving me nuts.  If I connect to the TV via Bluetooth, then the sound is at least 1/2 sec delayed to the video. The LG TV hanset even controls the soundbar, but no matter what I try I cannot sync the sound properly.   If I connect it (I think I read all the previous instructions) via HDMI 2 ARC, I get perfect sound, but cannot control the soundbar via my LG handset. 

Any ideas please would be most welcomed.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: LG UJ630T with Soundbar 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey there,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I can certainly understand how you must be frustrated with the set up of your Soundbar 500 but I would love to jump in and provide some assistance so we can better your experience as much as possible.

Firstly, we do not recommend that you connect your TV to the soundbar via Bluetooth, as you have found, the processing that happens will most likely produce an audio-video delay. The Bluetooth feature is more intended for connecting sources to play audio from, or connecting other products such as headphones and speakers using SimpleSync

Regarding using your LG TV remote to control the soundbar, does the remote support IR communication? 

If so, you'll need to visit your LG manual or LG support avenues to obtain instructions and the unique code for programming the remote to control a Bose device. This is not something that we have information on as this is determined by LG. 

If you continue to experience any issues, please get back and we'll gladly look into the next steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Charlotte_G

Re: LG UJ630T with Soundbar 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey there,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I can certainly understand how you must be frustrated with the set up of your Soundbar 500 but I would love to jump in and provide some assistance so we can better your experience as much as possible.

Firstly, we do not recommend that you connect your TV to the soundbar via Bluetooth, as you have found, the processing that happens will most likely produce an audio-video delay. The Bluetooth feature is more intended for connecting sources to play audio from, or connecting other products such as headphones and speakers using SimpleSync

Regarding using your LG TV remote to control the soundbar, does the remote support IR communication? 

If so, you'll need to visit your LG manual or LG support avenues to obtain instructions and the unique code for programming the remote to control a Bose device. This is not something that we have information on as this is determined by LG. 

If you continue to experience any issues, please get back and we'll gladly look into the next steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post