subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

LS600 remote automatically switches on TV

I have a LS 600 and have connected to Sony 75x950G. I am looking to setup the bose system/remote in such a way so I have control to manually switch On TV using Bose remote’s TV button when I want. Currently even if I try to play any music through SoundTouch my TV switches on automatically. I don’t want my TV to be switched ON while listening to music through SoundTouch app or Bluetooth. Seems LS 600 is automatically sending an IR signal every time it switches on.
i also own a Bose 235 series II and never had this problem in that system. I can manually switch on/tv using the bose 235 remote’s TV button per my convenience which I am unable to do in LS600. Can someone help me get around this issue in LS600.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: LS600 remote automatically switches on TV

Hey subrasri,

Thanks for posting. 

This will be due to the CEC settings on your TV, the steps here should show you how to stop this from happening. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Re: LS600 remote automatically switches on TV

Hi - this isn’t related to CEC setting. I had successfully switched off CEC but the issue still persisted. I think it’s  got to do with the IR blaster sending signal to TV while the system starts. I actually went to setup menu - TV remote setup and chose to use supplied TV remote. Since doing this TV doesn’t start automatically but disadvantage is I can’t use Bose remote to operate the TV.  All I am looking for is ability to manually On/OFf TV through Bose supplied remote which I am able to do via my Llfesyle 235 series ii.

Thanks